Wed, Oct 16, 2013
6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
WordPress is a great platform for creating blogs and websites and is commonly used in today’s digitally inclined newsrooms. This introductory workshop will provide instruction on how to set up and work in a WordPress site. The workshop will include:
- A discussion of various themes and how to customize them
- How to organize posts – including linking, image sizing, formatting and uploading
- An explanation of categories and tags
- Best practices for finding great free images (and how to credit them)
- Embedding videos from YouTube and Vimeo
Members are strongly encouraged to bring their own Wi-Fi–enabled laptops so they can follow along with the instruction. This workshop will include hands-on Q&A time with the instructor to assist with individual questions.
Instructor Starre Vartan is a journalist, author and problogger. She has written for the Huffington Post, elle.com, Metropolis, and Martha Stewart’s Whole Living. She is the founder of the 8-year-old ethical fashion site eco-chick.com as well as the author of The Eco-Chick Guide to Life (St. Martin’s Press). She has a B.S. in Geology and B.A. in English from Syracuse University, and an M.F.A. in Nonfiction Writing from Columbia University.
250 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10013