This event is inactive
Thu, Oct 25, 2012
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Workshop: Day 1
Two-day seminar: October 25 & 26, 2012, 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Come for one or both days.
An in-depth workshop with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
How do you write about guns, firearms trafficking, tactical operations, arson, explosives-sniffing dogs, and bomb response vehicles?
Gain hands-on expertise from ATF Special Agents and watch live demos featuring an ATF canine unit, a National Response Team Vehicle, Tactical "BearCat" Vehicle, and various firearms and mock devices.
New for 2012...
ATF Special Agents and Industry Operations Investigators (IOIs) will provide “day in the life” insights, case studies, a presentation on criminal profiling and a sample of the training that ATF provides to State and Local Law Enforcement.
National Response Team and Tactical Operations Vehicles will be stationed on Hudson Street throughout the seminar.Tours will be offered on both days.
You’ll learn valuable information about ATF’s culture, training and organizational structure, giving you the knowledge base needed to write on-screen depictions that authentically reflect the ATF and its operations. You’ll gain access to information about bureau policy. And, you’ll establish contact with the bureau's public affairs division, which is tasked with reviewing production projects for ATF support.
DAY ONE AGENDA—THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25
- Welcome/Opening Remarks
- Brief Overview of Materials/Working with Public Affairs Division
- Roundtable discussion: Life as an ATF Special Agent/Inspector (Agency Culture, Challenges)
- Lunch/Small Group Rotations for Brief “Tours” the NRT Response Vehicle
- Sample of ATF State and Local Training (FA Trafficking/Tracing)
- Inside the Criminal Mind (Profiler)
DAY TWO AGENDA—FRIDAY, OCTOBER 26
- Inside the Criminal Mind (cont.) — Case Studies
- Lunch/Small Group Rotations for brief “tours” of the Tactical “Bearcat” Vehicle
***REMEMBER: If you would like to participate on BOTH days, you must register for each day separately.***